Thursday 1 June 2017

Grace Under Pressure

I thought Rachel Lindsay, @TheBachelorette, showed grace under pressure in handling DeMario's deceit. To their credit the men looked shocked, which suggests that they have far more decency in their veins than DeMario has in his entire body. Usually I take the woman's side, but I can imagine why DeMario did what he did.
He's successful. He saw the opportunity to snag an African-American bachelorette, who's stunning, articulate, intelligent, with a good career of her own. He can introduce her to Mom. Lexi?? Well.... (Don't shoot the messenger, I'm old enough to know what mothers like their sons to bring home). 
So, this advice is for Lexi, as I'm also old enough to be a young aunt to the whole lot of 'em. Now I've never watched this reality show or The Bachelor. I'm not into reality TV. Yuck! But I was curious about Rachel's journey as she's the first African-American. However that will apparently be anti-climatic since I think she goes white like all other Bachelorettes. 
But back to Lexi, respect yourself. If the man ain't introducing you to his friends or his family, you're his cuddle buddy as (@BeingMaryJane) puts it - i.e. a good lay. Don't waste your time on that type if you are looking for a lasting relationship no matter the man's race or career. Not surprising DeMario dumped her and Rachel, more power to her, gave him his walking papers. He really was a jerk, no ifs or buts about it.
Still, I can't help wondering if the producers actually knew he wasn't quite single (though in his mind Lexi was not his girlfriend) but sent him in to stir the pot anyway. 
So again props to Lindsay for laying her expectations down to all the men and telling DeMario take a hike. (Even if he comes back to try to get back into her good graces). Now the next chap to go has to be Lucas. So, he's funny and a gal needs a guy with a sense of humour in her life when she has a stressful job but who wants to spend the rest of her life with Peter Pan?
Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Appreciate that you read the blog.

The Colour of Crop Over 2024

Greetings to my faithful readers.  I'll be celebrating 4,700 views soon after posting this page.  So I'm thanking all who'll vis...