Sunday 18 June 2017

One Awesome Weekend

It was a high-octane weekend of worship for Gospelfest 2017. For the first time ever I attended the weekend's events - Signia Financial Laughter & Jazz (Friday), Sol's Ultimate Gospel (Saturday) and the Flow One Awesome Day (Sunday). I was no use to myself the next week - a good thing I was on holiday! The experience was certainly awesome.

I'll begin with Sinach first. She was her usual inimitable self as she ministered song after song with the audience singing along word for word of the power, grace and might of our Lord, the Way-maker, Promise Keeper, Miracle Worker. She really is awesome!



On Saturday, both Jonathan Nelson and Charles Jenkins were featured. Both ministers brought their different styles to the stage. Although lots of local fans love Charles Jenkins' My God Is Awesome, it was Jonathan Nelson's more recent gospel hit, "I Believe" (Island Medley) that rocked Kensington Oval. We could've been ministered to him all night!

However it the weekend began on Friday night, when comedienne, Small Fire brought the laughter while a wonderful young minister, Jonathan Reynolds brought his own unique musical "flava" to the evening. Even the rain did not send the audience home before he did one more for the road. He can play guitar, freestyle and actually sing live!! He was great!


Here are a couple of his previously unplugged renditions he treated us to: Christ Representers, Pressure and No Gray.






Christ Representers is an oldie and goodie, however it was Limp that first made me a fan of this young music Minister, who's taking the Word to a new generation in a new style. 



Most Gracious and Glorious Father, I bring before you Jonathan Mcreynolds and his music ministry. Lord God I ask you to strengthen him, sustain him and empower him to continue to take the message you give him to a new generation. Father God, I pray that no weapon formed against him shall prosper and that he will withstand the many temptations that can distract, discourage and disappoint him on his walk. May he ever remain faithful. In the precious name of Jesus, our Saviour and Redeemer, hear this prayer. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Appreciate that you read the blog.

The Colour of Crop Over 2024

Greetings to my faithful readers.  I'll be celebrating 4,700 views soon after posting this page.  So I'm thanking all who'll vis...