Friday 30 March 2018

Worthy Is The Lamb

Happy Easter to All  🐰. Blessed Resurrection Weekend πŸ™➕. Happy Passover πŸ‘. Today is a quiet day. It is Good Friday in Barbados. It was never my favourite holiday. Too solemn. Too mournful.

 
                             Were You There - Selah (Source: eliott9697, 2013)

A Time to Rejoice
Then I realised it is not a time to mourn but to rejoice.  In the last few years, I came to an understanding of the nature of the Messiah. For decades, I attended church. I heard sermon after sermon. I believed he died and rose again. But he didn't die. He gave himself as a sacrifice - "the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world" (John 1: 29). That's the difference. 


                    Worthy is the Lamb - Hillsong (Source: Worship Videos 24/7, 2012)


The Lamb of God
We see Christ with mortal eyes. He was Emmanuel - "God With Us". He did not die. He gave up his spirit (John 19: 30). He said it himself in John 10: 17-18 that he would lay down his life and take it up again. In Luke 23: 46, he is quoted as saying: "Father into your hands I commit my spirit. Having said this he breathed his last."  He released his body to death. Death did not claim him as it would a mere mortal. In spite of the disfigurement from the whipping, the lack of blood in his body (he shed ALL of it that day) he lived for 6 hours in that state before releasing his body to death. It is an incredible belief and not everyone understands the significance of him "dying" in the way that he did. Listen to Joseph Prince as he ministers on the subject. If you do not know who Joseph Prince is, he is a pastor in Singapore, who wears jeans, leather, even zippered jackets as he ministers. No collars. No robes.  He breaks down the Christ's sacrifice.

              [Calvary Animation Video] What Happened At The Cross - Joseph Prince
                                             (Source: nocturnal 18, 2014) 

The Risen King
I know millions of people see Jesus as a great teacher and healer, but not as God manifested as man or resurrected as the Saviour of the world. Some who go to church, especially young people, may not quite "get it", but gradually insights came for me as I meditated on the Word and even did some formal study, also as I listened to various speakers and certain songs. 

Todd Dulaney's The Anthem reminds me of the victory claimed in this risen king.


The Anthem, Todd Dulaney (Source: ToddDulaneyVEVO, 2015)

Good Friday...the Passover...they are the price of love.

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Appreciate that you read the blog.

The Colour of Crop Over 2024

Greetings to my faithful readers.  I'll be celebrating 4,700 views soon after posting this page.  So I'm thanking all who'll vis...