Monday 8 April 2019

V.I.P.

Today, I want to warmly welcome my reader(s) from: Ukraine, Russia, Antigua & Barbuda, Nigeria and the Netherlands. My reader(s) from Belgium, thank you for the repeat visits.  It is so awesome to know that I am reaching persons from all over the world. I am completely humbled and really grateful that you read my musings.

Now to the topic of V.I.P. Virginity Is Possible (V.I.P.) is the title of a song by a young Barbadian, Pasquin. If you are parent to a teenager or you work with teenagers, this one is for you.


Perhaps having recently taken a course on child abuse prevention, I felt the need to encourage purity in youngsters.

Also, for the first time ever, I watched some episodes of The Bachelor

                                               Colton Underwood, The Bachelor Season 23

Why? A male, 27-year-old virgin was quite a novelty – and seeing all those hungry females wanting to jump his bones was eye-opening. They were rabid, frankly #BachelorNation. The last time I watched any of the franchise was Rachel’s journey as the first African-American bachelorette and I had plenty to say following a couple of episodes (https://blogspotforjbuzzy.blogspot.com/2017/07/low-blow.html).

                     Rachel Lindsay is interviewed by Chris Harrison during her Bachelorette journey 

Then I heard an edition of Focus On theFamily with Dr. Mark Regnerus and I felt the need to remind our young people that there is no rush – especially if you are a teenager. It does not matter where in the world you live; do not be pressured into doing anything you are not ready for or willing to do. If you are uncomfortable – it does not matter what the culture is pushing – say “No”. If you are forced, report it to someone you trust who will believe you.

No Ring, No Ting
One of my fave soca songs some years ago was by Sean Daniel of Trinidad and Tobago, “No Ring No Ting” and here before rendering that song at a rally, he testifies that both he and his wife were virgins when they married.

                              No Ring No Ting Sean Daniel [2008: Russell Jones, Youth Concert]

Honestly, I want to highlight these young men, as the assumption is that it is impossible for a male to remain a virgin. Yet, the much sought-after, Bachelor Colton, was so busy pursuing his career that he did not consummate a relationship before his Bachelor journey. So guys, virginity is possible for you too.

Another famous sportsman who proclaimed purity is Tim Tebow. His reasons were based on a religious perspective and even though engaged to one of my favourite Miss Universe winners, Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters (2017) of South Africa, he reveals that they are remaining celibate until they are married.

Tim Tebow talks Celibacy with Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters, How They Met and When He Knew She Was “The One”                                                                          [2019: Brittany Valdez]

In the glamorous but often superficial world of the international entertainment industry, it is not easy for those who may for one reason or another want to remain celibate, yet there are several high profile persons in entertainment, who abstained or waited until marriage – so it really is not impossible to remain pure into your 20s:

Top 10 Celebrities Who Stayed Abstinent Until Marriage             [2017: MsMojo]

So have that conversation with your teenager, or college-age youngster. According to these high-profile celebs, virginity/abstinence/celibacy is possible because you are a very important person. You are a V.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Appreciate that you read the blog.

The Colour of Crop Over 2024

Greetings to my faithful readers.  I'll be celebrating 4,700 views soon after posting this page.  So I'm thanking all who'll vis...