Saturday 31 October 2020

Fighting For A Cure

A sunny greeting to my regular readers. Thanks to you, there have been more than 3,000 views of the blog. I hope most of those are actual readers! A special shout out to you who visited my page from Cambodia, Qatar, Hong Kong and the Netherlands.👋🏼

October is known as the month for Breast Cancer Awareness. While I've been hoping for 3 years to speak to a survivor - and I did this week, the person had reservations about speaking on camera. So, for plan B I'll share an informative presentation by a Barbadian researcher, Juliet Daniel, featured for the Inspiring Future Women in Science International Women's Day event. I recommend it for parents of, and people working in community projects with, girls in particular. 

From Barbados to the cutting edge of cancer research: Juliet Daniel at IFWIS 2020 [Source: Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, March 2020]

There is also a young Barbadian male involved in research as well. He is Shawn Hercules and he was featured last year in a production in which Juliet Daniel was also instrumental in its realization. Let's learn about him:

Aggressive forms of breast cancer | Meet Shawn Hercules| Triple negative breast cancer research| [Source: Stem Caribbean Media, October 2019]

In celebration of the survivors, this classic by Lee Ann Womack, I Hope You Dance. #thinkpink.

                            Lee Ann Womack - I Hope You Dance (Official Video) [Source Lee Ann Womack, October 2009]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Appreciate that you read the blog.

The Colour of Crop Over 2024

Greetings to my faithful readers.  I'll be celebrating 4,700 views soon after posting this page.  So I'm thanking all who'll vis...